Notre-Dame-de-Bonsecours Chapel is a small church near Bonsecours Market in Old Montreal. It is sometimes called the Sailor’s Church because the back end of it looks like a sailing ship from the 18th century, and inside, the decoration includes smalls ships hanging from the ceiling. It has beautiful paintings on the walls inside. The church was built in 1771 after the original church burned, and it has a museum about Saint Marguerite Bourgeoys, a religious woman who worked hard to help the poor and sick in the early days of Montreal.
400 Saint Paul Street East; Metro Champs-de-Mars